Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wishlist Wednesday: 12-02-2014


My boucle Zara biker coat has done me well for the past 12 months or so but paired with daily wear and losing a stone in weight it's seen better days. Looking like I'm wearing a sack isn't the ideal... so, it's time for a new one. Welcome Wishlist Wednesday, the Coat Edition.

L-R

Mango Boucle Coat £99.99
You can't go wrong with black and I adore boucle because it makes a simple silhouette look a little edgier. This is very much a military style coat and isn't one that I'd layer jumpers and knitwear underneath but it is perfect for work being that little bit smarter. My biggest issue? It's a hook-and-eye closure which I can't help but think wouldn't keep the chill out.

Warehouse Washed Parka £95.00
Biker style jackets are my comfort zone and this slots right in. I love a good parka but the faux leather sleeves on this make it look like a parka gilet over a normal leather jacket - love! It has an All Saints feel to it as well, but without the price tag... even better.

Warehouse Tweed Faux Fur Collar Coat £95.00
Can we just take a moment to appreciate how beautiful this coat is? Sure it's not the most windproof but that collar is just amazing! The swing fit is super flattering too and all in all it's very 20s which I love. Such a classic piece... shame it'd be rubbish in the British rain.

Topshop Textured Mint Coat £89.00
Ohhh this coat. This has been on my wishlist for a good while now. I can't stop thinking about it, despite it being completely impractical with the rest of my wardrobe. I hope it sticks around so I can pick it up for springtime because I can't get over how beautiful it is! 

Zara Wraparound Coat £89.99
It wouldn't be a coat wishlist without a little something from Zara. This is really the only one that's caught my eye this season which is a shame, but it doens't make it any less wonderful. I love the military style coat and the faux fur collar mixes in another style I'm drawn to. It feels a little Russian... hello Sochi 2014.

Oasis Pastel Car Coat £110.00
And finally, over to Oasis for the most expensive of the bunch. I've been eyeing up pink coats for months and months. At first I wasn't sold on the idea but the deeper shades have really got me into the whole fad. Maybe I'm a little late on the bandwagon but this is by far the nicest colour and cut I've seen this season. Being so expensive, and such an 'in fashion' item puts me off - I'm more of a classics girl - but it doesn't mean I've wiped it form my wishlist. I mean, look at it.

Do you have any other coat suggestions?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment