Monday, February 03, 2014

Review: The Body Shop Vitamin E


Skincare products from The Body Shop seem to be creeping into my collection more and more recently. And why the hell not? Their stuff kick serious butt right now.

Today I'm taking a look at a couple of pieces from the Vitamin E range. The Vitamin E range aims to protect the skin from day to day wear and tear like pollution and and UVA/UVB rays as well as injecting moisture and replenishing the skin - perfect for winter, non? My skin has been seriously lacking in the moisture department so many of my new skincare additions are aimed towards combatting that. Sure my Hydraluron is doing the job pretty well but a little summit' summit' extra doesn't hurt, right?

The Vitamin E Face Mist (£8.00) is very similar to the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. Now I love me some Beauty Elixir but am always up for finding a cheaper alternative. I like to use The Body Shop offering before makeup, after makeup, during the day, before bed... seriously, this stuff works it's magic at any time of day. It's wonderful at refreshing my skin whilst I'm at work - an office job with central heating and strange hours results in a strange tight skin feeling come midday but a little spritz of this and I feel much fresher and awake.

Now, the Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask (£12.00) is very similar to the Aloe Vera version I spoke about a few days back. You smooth a light layer over the skin, leave it on for 15 minutes then just wipe it off with tissue - easy! I like to apply it while I'm in bed, scroll through Twitter, then remove and go on with the usual skincare night time shindig. It feels super cooling on the skin because it's essentially a thick moisturiser. You can also leave it on overnight for a real deep treatment but I'm yet to try that out - maybe one for tonight! Overall, a really lovely mask that's something a bit different than the usual ones we see.

I've really enjoyed using the Vitamin E range and would love to try out some other bits from it like the Cream Cleanser and the newly launched Overnight Serum-in-Oil (seriously excited about that!).

No comments:

Post a Comment