Thursday, January 16, 2014

Review: L'Oreal Eye & Lip Absolute Makeup Remover


Waterproof mascara girls - listen up! This stuff is going to become your best friend, trust me.

I can hardly class myself as one of the above, as I don't wear waterproof mascara on a daily basis, but when I do the L'Oreal Eye & Lip Absolute Makeup Remover is the one.

I hear it's a pretty perfect dupe for the Clarins offering but I can't make that comparison as I've never used it... however, I can tell you this gets the job done without any stinging eyes or sore skin. Plus it's a fraction of the price at just under £5 (currently £3.33 at Boots).

The two part formula is perfect for budging long lasting mascara and lipstick - just shake it up, apply to a cotton pad and hold on the area for a few seconds before wiping clear. There's no need to rub at your eyes just simply give it a few swipes and you're done! I also love that it doesn't leave the skin feeling too greasy despite the oil in it. I've found it's fine with me being a contact lens wearer, too - some products can wreak havoc on my eyes when I have them in but this hasn't phased me at all.

Pair this with the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Solution and you've got yourself a drugstore dream team.

What are your favourite make-up removing products?

Ax

2 comments:

  1. Rusty ShacklefordAugust 26, 2014 3:38 pm

    I already found my HG eye makeup remover, and I feel like I'm on a makeup mission to tell everyone about it ;) My mother got this piece of advice 30 years ago from a room mate: Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula (the super thick one in the can). You just rub some of it over your eyes for a little while with your fingers (a few seconds to a minute, depending on how much mascara you wear -- I wear an almost infinite amount of coats) and then take off the goop with a tissue. It's so fast and effective! I used to lose up to ten (TEN!!! I counted!) lashes on just one day by removing my eye makeup with the wrong products. Now I never lose lashes anymore (at least not by removing my makeup) and they look better than ever! Plus, it obviously doubles up as a fantastic moisturizer, as that's what it was originally meant for. I recommend it to everyone. Also I'm sorry for creeping around on your blog, I always feel uncomfortable commenting on many posts because it makes me look like a stalker! (Promise I'm not! Lol) But I love reading your blog and how you write so I guess you'll have to put up with me sticking around here a little :) Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rusty! Thanks for the tip! I may have to give that a go ;) And I love hearing from readers so don't shy away from commenting! x

    ReplyDelete