Friday, January 17, 2014

Real Techniques | Top Three


It's no secret that Real Techniques brushes made quite the impact on the beauty world when they were first released - the Core Collection was my first dabble into the world of RT - and since then, my collection has grown... but what are my top 3?

Buffing Brush
This is pretty much the one. I cheated on it for a while with the Expert Face Brush (still a wonderful brush) but old habits die hard and I came straight back to this. It just can't be beaten for giving a flawless, airbrushed look and blends foundation like a dream. It's a fairly large brush which means it covers the surface area quickly making it less work for my measly arms. I can easily buff my foundation in with this without having to look in the mirror and know it'll still look bang on. My only issue is that it's only available in the Core Collection (£21.99); I wish it were available on it's own so I could stock up.

Contour Brush
This hasn't always been a favourite of mine but once I discovered the correct way to contour (yes, it took a while) this kind of came along for the ride and never left. No other brush I have applies my NARS Laguna in the right place and with the right amount. It's easy to just dab the point in the product and apply it precisely yet not too big that a full dunk in the pan causes problems. Again, part of the Core Collection (£21.99) and not available solo... c'mon Sam, chuck a few extras out there.

Stippling Brush
Am I the only one who heard the name of this and just thought 'WTF'? Once I'd washed my mouth out however, and done some research, I gave it a whirl with a cream blush and fell in love! I didn't expect it to be so good and applying creamy products but it's ideal because it doesn't pick up too much product and you can pop it on as heavily or lightly as you desire. Plus, it's pink - enough said? Luckily this does fly solo (£11.99) so no extra baggage with this one.

Overall, Real Techniques brushes are simply amazing. The only other brush I use on a day-to-day basis is a MAC 266 for brows, other than that it's all RT. I'm a self confessed RT junkie though - the Setting Brush, Blush Brush, Expert Face Brush, Starter Set, Lash & Brow Groomer and Kabuki Brush are also in my grasps.

Next on the list? The Shader brush, Powder brush and the Silicone Liner Brush that's due out soon, please. Someone send me to RT rehab - stat!

Please, tell me I'm not alone?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment