Monday, October 07, 2013

Review: Bourjois Rouge Edition Shine Famous Fuchsia





First off, I place all blame for this purchase on Estee (essiebutton). The girl can really talk up Bourjois and especially after her brand focus video, I couldn't resist.

Right, now that's done - let's chat lippy.

The Rouge Edition Shine lipsticks from Bourjois are reasonably new but definitely new to my personal collection. There are three in the collection - this fuchsia, a coral and a pretty purple. They all look lovely but I played it safe with my usual colour spectrum. Famous Fuchsia (£5.99) is a really fun but wearable pink. It's not as bright as say, Maybelline Fuchsia Flash, but not as muted as I find MAC's Girl About Town to be. 

The one thing I love about this is the lollipop finish. That probably makes zero sense. It has a gorgeous shine to it - hence the name, Amy, duh - but looks slightly sheer around the edges which gives it an ice lolly finish..... yep, still not got a clue. Either way, it's super pretty and super pigmented. The formula is gorgeous, glides right on with no problems or tugging and I haven't had any problems with it bleeding as the day goes on. It wears well, looks great and, damn, I nearly forgot - the packaging!

Housed in a fun pastel yellow and mirrored case it gives me that summer feeling through the cooler months. The packaging may scream sunshine but the colour is definitely still wearable whilst the weather stays warmer!

All in all, I seriously love this and I thank you Estee - and curse you - for bringing it into my life.

Have you tried any of Bourjois' latest releases?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment