Tuesday, August 06, 2013

My Daily Makeup

I always like reading posts on what people use on a day to day basis. The way I see it, if you're using it every day then it's got to be a winner.

So I thought I'd share my daily makeup look. It's pretty minimal - I like to look quite natural unless it's a night out so there's no crazy colours or products in here!



As you can see, it's very basic and all the colours kind of match - browns, neutrals, bronze. Standard stuff, but nevertheless it may give some of you an idea of something new to try yourselves.


Base

The Body Shop Matte Primer: Yep. That little pink tub holds the contents of my primer. In a nutshell, my puppy dog got hold of the tube from my bedroom and kind of ate half of it... the solution was to empty the remains into a travel tub and salvage what was left. Either way, this is one of the best primers I've used! It's only £12 and has lasted me ages. I first bought it at the start of the year and it only ran out at the start of August - the second tube is the one the dog got... But if you have oily skin like I do, this is great, it really does mattify my complexion.

Clinique CC Cream (Light): This stuff RULES. Oh my god, I can't even begin to describe it. It's my holy grail. As someone who hates BB creams, I was a little apprehensive to try CC creams but this is brilliant. Hydrating, light, non greasy and lasts all day. What else could you want? Oh SPF you say? Got it covered - this bad boy has SPF 30 to protect your lovely skin. I'll be doing a review of this soon to tell you more about it!

Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer: I'm kind of in between concealers at the moment and am currently testing this one out. I like it, but I'm not mad on it. Any suggestions for great under eye and blemish concealers are welcome! Saying that, this one is holding out ok so far.

Rimmel Stay Matte powder: A favourite amongst plenty of beauty bloggers, this has made its way in and out of my makeup bag since I was a teenager. Currently loving it to set my base and touch up throughout the day. Not cakey at all and I like that it's translucent.


Complexion

MAC Hibiscus Kiss bronzer: This is part of the RiRi Hearts MAC collection that launched a couple of months ago. I got hold of this as part of the second release and really like it! I reviewed it earlier this week so take a look at that for a more detailed view. I only use the bronzer in the palette at the moment and just for contouring as opposed to an all over colour.

Benefit Hervana: This blush is beautiful. I find it a little difficult to find a blush to suit my skin as I have naturally quite rosy cheeks which I like to mute out as much as possible. However, this is a stunning pastel pink that gives just the right amount of colour for me. Really, really impressed! I actually think it'd work well on a variety of skin tones, too.

Natural Collection eyeshadow: I use this Crushed Walnut shade to fill in and shape my eyebrows. Pretty straight forward stuff. It does the job well!

Collection clear mascara: Now, I THINK this is by Collection. I can't be sure. It's possibly the grottiest item in my makeup bag. Seriously. However, I love using clear mascara to brush through my brows and make them stay put. I favour this over things like gel or waxy products because I get more control in regards to shaping the hairs and smoothing it all down.


Eyes:

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly: Love this! I had been searching for something to match my skin tone for so long and this is perfect. I don't like wearing eyeshadow much but do like to even out my skin tone on my eyes as it can be quite pink. This works great though and doesn't crease at all. When I do wear eyeshadow, it works great as a base. I'd like to try Soft Ochre though because Painteraly may be a little too pink based.

Rimmel Scandaleyes pencil: I use this in my waterline to brighten my eyes. I used to use a white pencil because the only nude toned ones I could find were more high end and I didn't want to pay that much for an eye pencil. So, I was thrilled when Rimmel bought this out. I get up at silly o'clock so this is such a god send for faking that 'bright-eyed-bushy-tailed' look! (And it's super affordable!)

L'Oreal Super Liner: My signature eye look is a cat-eye flick. I have been doing this since I was about 16 and can't imagine doing anything else. Sometimes I leave my eyes naked but it just feels wrong to be honest! I test out a lot of different liners and at the moment pen liners are my favourite. You get great control and can get the perfect shape. This one is great because it tapers down to a really fine point which helps in getting right in the inner corner of your eyes. The best thing about it is its staying power - my eyes like to water at every moment of the day. Whether it's yawning, laughing or generally breathing, they'll tear up, so it's great when I find a liner that stays put!

Lancome Hypnose mascara: Finding a good mascara is one of the most difficult things for me. I have super long lashes but they're ultra fine, so I'm all about volumising mascaras. However, because they're long they get weighed down quickly. Saying that, I really like this one. What I don't like? The price tag. It's around £21/22 which I think is a bit too much for mascara that needs replenishing more often than anything else in my bag.

So there's the products I'm reaching for on an every day basis. Like I said, really simple but I hope some of you find it interesting!

If you'd like further reviews of any of the products let me know!

What are your favourite day-to-day beauty products?

A x

No comments:

Post a Comment