Friday, June 05, 2015

Let's Talk About... Fudge Urban


So I was going through my haircare stash the other day when I realised I have a fair amount of products from Fudge! Is it Fudge? Or is it Fudge Urban? No one knows... what I do know though is that it's a brand that has silently slipped into pretty much my every day haircare products of choice.

The thing I love with Fudge is the packaging - it's super cool and bright and you can spot it a mile off on the shelves in Boots and Superdrug. I remember when I was younger and the brand was fairly new I'd think it was the coolest looking stuff and couldn't wait to be like 'yeah, I use Fudge - I'm cool too!'. It's safe to say, I was the nerdiest of the nerds in my early years...

Earlier this year I decided I wanted to get back into using mousse in my hair to give it a bit more volume and was determined to avoid the horrid crunchiness you'd get with late 90's offerings. It was a fellow blogger who I saw mention the Fudge Urban Iced Raspberry & Vanilla Styling Mousse although I can't remember who - maybe Amelia or Lily - so I thought why not give it a go? Turns out it's actually really nice! You only need a little bit and it doesn't leave that tacky/crunchy/sticky feeling to the hair. It really does smell super yummy, really sweet, which is always a bonus and it definitely gives a little lift to my roots. I also majorly appreciate the 'anti-frizz' aspect of Fudge Urban Iced Raspberry & Vanilla Styling Mousse because I can get serious flyaway issues.

I also seem to have collected a little stash of hairsprays from Fudge. The first I picked up with the Fudge Urban Coconut Cocktail Hair Spray which I'm sure was a Lily Melrose recommendation. Now we all know I'm a sucker for anything coconut and this didn't disappoint! It smells super coconutty, tropical and just all round yummy - so much better than the smell of some hairspray that just chokes you out. This is a little stronger hold than I'd usually go for though and have to be careful not to overdo it otherwise things get a little crunchy but a light spritz here and there does the job really well!

The latest addition though, and probably my favourite, is Fudge Skyscraper Apple and Coconut Hairspray. Again, we've got the coconut, fruity thing going on with the scent which I love but this is a lighter hold. I actually got this one in Home Bargains, a little cheaper than Boots/Superdrug, and have seen it used in my local hair salon so it's definitely a current line that's popular with professionals! As I said, it's a lighter hold so less crunch and still smells amazing. Both the Fudge Skyscraper Apple and Coconut Hairspray and the Fudge Urban Coconut Cocktail Hair Spray can be brushed out as well - not as easily as something like L'Oreal Elnette but still, it's doable.

Have you tried any of the Fudge haircare line?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment