Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My October Face with The Balm Nude 'Tude




How is October nearly over? Would someone like to shed some light on this, please? I swear it was just yesterday I had done a 2013 favourites and now I'm going to have to start thinking about a 2014 favourites... crazy! Saying that, we are fully into my favourite time of year and I'm all over more autumnal makeup now. There's also one particular palette that I've been reaching for since it dropped through the post box a matter of weeks ago...

Let's start with the base. My love for Estee Lauder's Perfectionist* foundation is still going strong but the shade is much too dark for me now the summer's gone so I've been mixing it with my former love, Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream. The CC cream balances out the redness but Perfectionist gives a little more coverage and makes it a touch darker which works perfectly. 

As cover up, I've fallen for this little palette from Sheer Cover*. I've had this for a while and it was just out of pure laziness - my Fit Me concealer was in my handbag - that I opted for this but I love it! I pack the light colour all under my eyes in a Kim K type of thing (nice try...), down the centre of my nose and a little on my chin then blend with a mix of a Real Techniques Setting Brush and my fingers. It blends seamlessly and gives just the right coverage. Plus the slight pink undertones work pretty well at balancing out dark circles.

I'm still all over my NARS Laguna bronzer as you can see, it's very well loved. I'll soon be looking for a replacement and am torn as whether to go for Laguna again or The Balm Bahama Mama - thoughts? As a blush I've rekindled a love for Benefit's Hervana. This is the perfect blush in my opinion. I adore my Rimmel Stay Blushed but this goes with every makeup look I've ever done. I just need a decent blush brush - suggestions welcome - the blends of pinks and purples creates such a natural flush. My favourite box blush from Benefit by far.

Speaking of Benefit, the Watts Up highlighter is my highlight of choice. I flit between this and the No7 offering but a new highlighter's recently come into my life... more on that another time. In the meantime, Watts Up remains a gorgeous product, champagne and creamy - a stand out highlighter.

Now let's talk about the star of the show - The Balm Nude 'Tude* palette. This baby was a free gift from Birchbox and just when I didn't think I needed any more shadow palettes, I was proved wrong. The pigmentation in Nude 'Tude is out of this world - seriously, you need tiny amounts to create a ton of colour - yet each one blends beautifully. I adore the packaging, its super slim yet has a full size mirror. The names of each one are great too, very tongue in cheek! My favourites are Sassy for inner highlight, Sultry for s subtle crease definition and Sexy because it's bloomin' beautiful!

To finish off the look I put my standard slick of liner, using my favourite L'Oreal Superliner Perfect Slim, and layers of Lancome Hypnose mascara and L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black for my bottom lashes. I also patted in some MAC Twig into my lips. I love the stain effect it left, like it was soft focus as opposed to a block colour. Nice and simple and easy to touch up.

Have you switched up your look for autumn?

Ax


4 comments:

  1. I love that eyeshadow palette, I love the light shimmery shades, and it is a true staple in my beauty collection.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I think you're Laguna is even worse than mine! x

    http://headscribbles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear some love for it elsewhere :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks lovely - yeah I think I need to admit defeat on this one! :) x

    ReplyDelete