Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Birchbox October 2014: Breast Cancer Awareness





Hey y'all! Sorry for the brief silence mode going on over this way. I was away for my birthday this past weekend and hadn't prepped anything and this week I'm feeling super ill and run down so the last thing I've wanted to do is sit in front of a laptop and write up - despite having tons to talk about! However, with the October Birchbox* dropping through my letterbox recently, I couldn't keep this baby from you anymore!

I've been a fan of Birchbox for a long while now, it's actually around this time last year that I got my first, it's by far my favourite beauty box and is yet to leave me disappointed. This one is no different! The theme this month is in connection with Breast Cancer Awareness Month - an incredible cause that affects pretty much every single one of us at some point in our lives. Plus, if you're reading this blog I'm guessing you're a woman which means you have breasts which automatically means that BCAM is a biggie for you too. In the box there's a little fold out card with details on how to use each product throughout the month as well as check those boobies for any nasties - something I know I don't do enough.

So what's included in mine?

Balance Me Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm 
I've dabbled with Balance Me in the past, always through beauty boxes, and have never been disappointed although not blown away. However, I adore cleansers and this one, with exfoliating oatmeal powder, is right up my street! Cannot wait to try this one!

KMS Tame Frizz Smoothing Lotion
Ahh love this! I've tried a few bits from KMS in the past so am looking forward to this one. My hair is really fine so sometimes a blow dry can leave it looking a tad fly away so hopefully this creame (which smells amazing!) will keep that at bay.

Shaveworks The Cool Fix
I'm all over these type of products! Products that prevent shave rash, in grown hairs etc - I've used some from No Bumps and Nad's before that are great so have high hopes for this. I'll be keeping it for travelling thought because of the mini size - I go to Spain at the end of next month for a few days so will take it with me then.

Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm
How cute is this?! Also, it's full size (worth £8)! I adore Pixi packaging but am yet to try anything from them. This little lipbalm is going straight in my bag, it's got a very light nude colour too it, nothing overpowering, making it great for day to day or going under other lipsticks.

Lollipops Nail Polish
Another full size, worth £7, and another product I'm looking forward to using. I love nail polishes but am actually lacking in red ones in varying shades so I think this will slot in nicely to my collection. Perfect for autumn too!

EXTRA: Lipstick Pen
HOW CUTE?! Love, love love this! A pen? Shaped like a lipstick? That's pink? Yep, that'll do nicely.

All of this comes housed in a pink zipped bag as opposed to the drawstring ones we're used to which I think I prefer. I'll get much more use out of this - it's now in my handbag keeping all my lipsticks and other beauty bits from getting lost in the abyss of my junk. Really nice idea!

I really love this box this month, thanks Birchbox for sending it my way! You've still got plenty of time to get it yourselves too if you like the look of it - click here to sign up. In the past I've signed up just for specific boxes and then cancelled after which I think is perfectly ok to do - after all we can't always afford that money (£10 + £2.95 p&p) going out each month - and Birchbox make it super easy to sign up and cancel ay any time which is nice, no questions asked. 

Will you be getting this October Birchbox?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment