Monday, September 08, 2014

My September Face




As I said last week, autumn is my favourite season by far and September is my favourite month so right now... I'm in my element! The jumpers are slowly coming out, I can wear boots again without getting sweaty feet and my makeup looks tend to get a little smokier, a little grungier.

I like to mirror the autumnal orange and brown hues of the trees and general weather by reaching for my earthy tones shadows and neutral lips - not nude, neutral. With that in mind, let's take a look at the above get up...

My base stays pretty similar throughout the year, I'm currently using a blob of Bourjois CC Cream with a blob of L'Oreal's True Match in N4 - a gorgeous glowy finish that serves me well whatever the weather. That's finished off with a dose of Maybelline's Fit Me concealer, a dusting of NARS Laguna and a swipe of Rimmell's Stay Blushed Sunkissed Cherry. Now, onto the eyes...

I started with scruffily loading on a layer of Maybelline's Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze - it goes all over the lid and into the lower lash line. I adore these products, I have a taupey grey and a cranberry shade too, the formula blends so well and lasts all day. They're great on their own or as a base as I've used them here. After that, I packed on a shade from my Bobbi Brown Rich Chocolate palette (something I tend to pull out each autumn!) - second in from the left, next to the white. Again fairly messily then blended out into the crease and a little above it with a smudging into the lower lash line. This is quite a cool toned brown making it not too harsh and sets off my green eyes quite nicely. The best way with this is layering up - apply a layer, blend it out, apply a layer, blend it out. You're aiming for a Mary-Kate Olsen slept-in look without the actual sleeping in your makeup thing.

Then I took the darkest shade from the palette, the far right, and blended a tiny bit into the outer crease for some definition. I then took the same shade on a MAC 266 brush, pressed it into the lash line and winged it out slightly. I didn't want my usual black pen liner as I wanted it to be a little smokier so this works really nicely at defining without the harshness of a liquid.

As a last step or two, I put a teeny bit of No 7's Instant Radiance Bronzing Highlighter in the tear duct - this shade is beautiful and goes so nicely with the rest of the brown tones in the look. I also put a little of No 7's Instant Radiance Highlighter on my brow bone - I opted for the champagne shade here to lift the eyes a little.

To finish off, I opted for my current love - Bourjois Rouge Edition 02. This is such a gorgeous neutral shade, it's a cool tones nude that leans a little lilac on me and is quite a nice nod to the 90s vibes we're seeing at the moment a la Kylie Jenner. I actually think my 90s take is inspired by the amount of Friends I've been watching recently... seriously, all I do is admire Rachel's makeup!

So there was have my September face!

What's yours looking like?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment