Friday, January 24, 2014

#NOTW: Sally Hansen Commander in Chic


Hues of grey seem to be drawing me in and I think this shade is one that'll do nicely as a transition into spring... it's not that far away, really. Is it?

Commander in Chic by Sally Hansen (£6.99)... firstly, does the name just scream Sex and the City? I could see Carrie pairing this with a pair of Manolo Blahnik's in the same shade and strutting round Bergdorf's quite easily! 

Sally Hansen polishes are super pigmented, super thick and go on like a dream - the extra wide brush makes it easy to swipe on in seconds and leave a gel like finish. I picked this up months and months ago but it's only recently I felt like I wanted to give it whirl. Maybe it was Suzie's (Hello October) post on shades of grey that gave me the push (still need that Origins shadow in Perkle!) or maybe this miserable grey weather made me want to reflect it in my nail polish choice? Either way, it works.

I'd say Commander in Chic is a purpley-grey. "Grurple". Ok, it's a work in progress. The mix of the two hues give it a little something different to a standard nude or grey shade, a little more of a girly edge. Top it with a slick of Seche Vite and all is well with the world! It'd also work nicely with a matte top coat shown in this post here.

I'm thinking of making #NOTD a weekly thing seeing as I do my nails on the regular... what do you think?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment