Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas Party Clutch Essentials



I'm hearing about so much Christmas party hype recently, including my own which is next week, so I thought I'd put together a few of my essentials for my clutch on such occasions. I have to admit, I don't don a pair of heels half as much as I did a couple of years back but that just means when I do, I like to get things down to a tee.

I like to use a reasonably large clutch - this girl has a lot of stuff - and my Whistles Rivington has been my go to all year ever since I treated myself to it for New Year! I love the chain, it's super roomy but slimline so it doesn't look overly bulky.

First off the practicalities. I like to slim things down in regards to a purse so this little zip pocket from River Island is ideal. It's not available anymore but I love this one and this one as alternatives. There's space for cards as well as folded notes and coins. Ideal. I also throw in a few hair bands and grips for that inevitable moment when you just need to get your locks off your face - yes, lots of dancing will happen. The grips and chunkier hair band from Andrew Barton have serious staying power! Oh and throw some gum in there... 

I also like to take along my backcombing brush for when things get a little flat and lack lustre. A couple of brushes in the roots and hair is oomphed up in seconds - easy peasy. It's also pretty slim and light so won't weight down or take up much room in your bag. This one is from Primark - something like £1- but you can get them at most drugstores.

I always find my hair is the part of my whole look that suffers on a night out - I'm not the greatest at it in the first place and nothing seems to hold - so for added support I'll be packing one of these mini dry shampoo cans from so...?. So...? is a brand I associate with teens but these minis are so perfect for this occasion! They smell surprisingly good (I much prefer these scents as dry shampoos over body sprays nowadays) and do a darn good job! As they're a can, they're super light, and they're so itsy bitsy too! Super cute. The So...? Salon Secrets* gift set would also make a great little stocking filler this Christmas. Here I've got the Lovely and Va Va Voom ones - Lovely is my favourite scent but Va Va Voom, well, it does what it says on the tin!

What will you be stashing in your clutch for the Christmas party?

Ax



No comments:

Post a Comment