Sunday, October 26, 2014

Current Haircare Favourites #2


Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend, mine's consisted mainly of relaxing to the max. I've had just 2 days off this month from work so this weekend was well overdue. Today however I'm off to a Fabb Events blogger event in Birmingham! You may have seen me tweeting about #fabbbirmingham the past week or so. I'm off with my friend Bec and it's my first ever blogger meet up so I'm pretty excited but also a little nervous! I'll no doubt report back!

On here though we're talking haircare. It's only been a couple of months since my last haircare round up but things have switched up quite a bit since then. I recently had a full head of highlights put into my hair so I've been even more careful of making sure it's properly hydrated and protected so as to avoid it drying out. Argania Liquid Gold Hair Oil Light* has been incredible at looking after the ends of my hair. I am absolutely in love with this product more than any other argan oil I've used recently. Yes, it's essentially the same as those from Macadamia and Moroccanoil but my hair just seems to get on really well with this Argania offering. It has a pump meaning it's super easy to control how much you need - I use about half a pump - and this is the one for fine hair meaning it doesn't feel too heavy or weigh things down. I really can't tell you just how great this is and would urge anyone in the market for a new hair oil to check out Argania Liquid Gold.

The one hair annoyance I struggle with most is frizz. My hair is naturally poker straight but once dry, and particularly when left to dry naturally overnight, I get quite a bit of frizz and fly away hairs. I wash my hair about 2-3 times a week and the majority of the time it's left to dry while I sleep so I've been after something to use to curb any frizziness come morning. I got this generously sized sample of KMS California Tame Frizz Smoothing Lotion* in a recent Birchbox and have completely fallen in love! The lotion is a little tacky and feels almost gel infused and I can apply as much as I like without the worry that my hair will greasy afterwards. Whether I blow dry or air dry, my hair feels super smooth and really soft - the softest it's felt in a very, very long time! Seriously, this stuff is a firm favourite and I'll definitely be getting the full size once this is done!

Finally a finishing product. I don't usually do much to my hair on a daily basis - I may run the straighteners over the end but that's about as crazy as things get. However, on the odd occasion I've put a little wave or curl through my locks I'm obsessed with using the Bouffe Fixing Spray*. It's a fairly new brand to the drugstore - you can get it in Boots - but it's really impressive. It isn't sticky, can be brushed out, fixes things well but doesn't leave them crunchy and it doesn't have that horrid hairspray type scent to it either. All in all a great little product which I'm pleased with as I've tried the dry sprays from Bouffe and was really disappointed - this Fixing Spray definitely won be back though!

Do you have any haircare favourites at the moment?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment