Friday, December 20, 2013

Review: NYX Xtreme Lip Cream Absolute Red



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... which means the festive lip colours come out! Yay! (Not that I need an excuse for a red lip...) This week it's been about my recent NYX purchase...
A quick trip to my local Next the other day meant I left with a few pieces from NYX. I went in to return an item and came out with something anyway - not how it's meant to go pre-Christmas, but never mind. I'd never seen NYX in the flesh so I think I got a little over excited!

Along with a couple of other bits, the NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Absolute Red was the first thing in my grasp. The red is a beautiful deep rouge with no shimmer but a gorgeous shine. It's pretty much a perfect festive colour. It applies beautifully - quite similar to Rimmel Apocalips in formula and application. The lipgloss-lipstick hybrid is one of my favourites because it goes on so easily and lasts for ages! I find applying a thin layer, blotting, then adding another layer is the best for staying power. The trick is not to over apply - softly gently on this one girls!


Wear time - not bad. It's by no means a 4593086 hour wear product but it does wear off evenly which is more than I can say for some of my other lippys, even a few MAC. For £6 I really can't complain (although cheaper here) and overall, am really impressed.

There were a few pinkier shades that caught my eye too - Nude Peach Fuzz & Strawberry Jam, you're on my radar... must stay away till 2014.

When 2014 does come around, are there any other NYX products I need to try?

In the meantime - apologies for being a little AWOL... Christmas is a super busy time of year at work and I am exhausted! It seems a journalists job peps up when the world doesn't behave itself - who'da thunk it, eh?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment